The Center for Real Estate has available several scholarships/awards for real estate students during the Fall and Spring academic semesters. These awards are for:
- Undergraduate students who have taken at least two (2) real estate courses or who are currently enrolled in their second real estate course; and
- Graduate students who are pursuing a concentration in real estate.
Most of the scholarships are sponsored by professional real estate organizations. Applications are screened by Real Estate Center staff; selection of the award recipient is made by the sponsoring organization.
If you want to be considered for any of these scholarships, please:
- Complete the Application for Real Estate Scholarships form.
- Submit a current resume.
- Submit an unofficial transcript.
- Write a one-page essay explaining why you have chosen real estate as a career. Essay guidelines: not longer than one page; typed; size 11 or 12 font; one inch margins; space-and-a-half (1.5) spacing; top line or header of the essay should read: your full name in the upper left, and the wording “Real Estate Scholarship Essay” (omit quotes) in the upper right.
Call Debbie Philips (860)-486-3227 at the Center for Real Estate to schedule an appointment to submit your application. The various scholarships have different deadlines; applications not received by the deadline cannot be considered for that particular scholarship. Please submit your scholarship application as soon as possible.
Outside Scholarship Application Opportunities:
- Byrl N. Boyce Valuation Scholarship
- Carl F. Traub Memorial Scholarship
- Connecticut Association of Realtors Past Presidents’ Scholarship
- Greater Hartford Association of REALTORS® Commercial Real Estate Council
- ICSC International Council of Shopping Centers Foundation – William Holmes/Hart Advisors Scholarship
- Konover Coppa Family Fund for the School of Business Center for Real Estate
- Dr. Marc A. Louargand Memorial Fellowship Endowment
- Ned Heberger Student Fund
- Society of Industrial and Office Realtors/Samuel F. Pierson Scholarship
- Stephen Messner School of Business Scholarship Fund
- William N. Kinnard, Jr. Scholarship