Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
School of Business News
- 2019’s Best States to Live In: Ask the Experts June 14, 2019WalletHub – Finding a good place to live requires looking at many different factors. For advice on the selection process and how states can make themselves a more attractive place to live, we turned to a panel of experts. Read article
- Grim Forecast: UConn Economist Says Global Change is Reshaping Connecticut, Despite the State’s Best Efforts to Forge Its Own Future May 15, 2019Hartford Courant – Economic and demographic changes sweeping across the U.S. and internationally are beyond Connecticut’s control and limit what the state can do to power up growth, a UConn economist told lawmakers Tuesday. Read article
- Real Estate Center Hosts Annual Celebration April 30, 2019The Real Estate Center held its annual end-of-year banquet on Thursday evening in the Rome Ballroom, honoring outstanding students, alumni and other achievers in the field of commercial real estate. Among those honored were: William Carlson, senior managing director at Cigna, with the Lifetime Achievement Award; Keith Kockenmeister, senior managing director of Kroll Bond Ratings,... […]
- Professor Katherine Pancak Honored April 12, 2019Finance Professor Katherine Pancak was honored for Best Reviewer by the Journal of Housing Research. Katherine is a Professor of Finance and Real Estate at UCONN in Stamford. She teaches both live and online undergraduate and graduate courses in finance and real estate including Financial Management, Personal Finance and Real Estate Principles. Professor Pancak conducts... […]
- Tour Guide, Real Estate Major & UConn Trivia King April 3, 2019During a recent tour of campus with a group of wide-eyed prospective students, senior Theo Felopulos talked about the time President Herbst played oozeball in the mud with undergrads. He also recalled how his friend was designing candy bars with a 3D printer, and dropped off the leftovers at Felopulos’ house. He spoke about giving... […]