Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
School of Business News
- Professor Cohen: Despite Pandemic, Cumulative ‘Household Financial Distress’ Isn’t Particularly Bad March 5, 2021If you watch the evening news, with long lines at food banks and homes destroyed by weather-related disasters, you might think the vast majority of Americans are in a financial spiral. That doesn’t appear to be the case, according to new research by finance and real estate professor Jeffrey Cohen. He and four colleagues studied... […]
- Professor Katherine Pancak Becomes Academic Director of Stamford Business Program February 5, 2021Professor Katherine Pancak, a well-respected finance and real estate professor and champion of the Stamford campus, has been named as the Academic Director of Business at the Fairfield-County campus. “Katherine is an accomplished scholar, a notable lawyer, a real estate expert and a passionate supporter of the Stamford campus,” said Dean John A. Elliott. “She... […]
- UConn Researchers Study Whether Reliable Public Transit Improves Substance-Use Treatment June 22, 2020UConn Today – Can a robust, mass-transportation system enhance treatment outcomes for people in recovery for substance use disorder while also reducing the cost of providing care? Read article
- Professor John Clapp Researches Plans for Vacant Retail September 6, 2019For years, Real Estate Professor John Clapp has been warning of the over-construction of malls and shopping centers, recognizing that the economy wasn’t going to be able to support so many retail locations. Although he officially moved to emeritus status (he dislikes the word retirement) at UConn on Sept. 1, Clapp will continue to work... […]
- Real Estate Center Hosts Annual Celebration April 30, 2019The Real Estate Center held its annual end-of-year banquet on Thursday evening in the Rome Ballroom, honoring outstanding students, alumni and other achievers in the field of commercial real estate. Among those honored were: William Carlson, senior managing director at Cigna, with the Lifetime Achievement Award; Keith Kockenmeister, senior managing director of Kroll Bond Ratings,... […]