Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
DC RE Valuation Symposium
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is participating in the October 21-23, 2018 DC Valuation Symposium in Washington DC. The event will take place at the Madison Washington DC, Hilton Hotel.
The symposium, Co- Sponsored by Fannie Mae, The Appraisal Foundation and the Center for Real Estate will host approximately 15 presenters as they bring their insight on topics such as Assessment, Multi-family, House Prices, Effects of Appraisal and other topics in real estate. A future special issue of the JREFE will feature 6-8 selected papers from this conference.
School of Business News
- In Remembrance: Professor Stephen D. Messner November 29, 2018Emeritus Professor Stephen D. Messner, Ph.D., who was instrumental in developing the School of Business from a locally respected school into a national powerhouse, has passed away. Messner joined the School in 1966 as an assistant professor of finance and real estate. During his long and illustrious career, he served as Interim Dean, Associate... […]
- Launch of New Hartford Passenger Line Part of ‘Train Renaissance’ June 12, 2018The Hartford Line is a new commuter rail service between New Haven and Springfield, Mass., with additional stops in suburbs along the 62-mile route. The service, a collaboration between the states of Connecticut and Massachusetts, will launch on Saturday, June 16. Finance and Real Estate Professor Jeffrey Cohen sheds some light on what the new... […]
- Real Estate Center Banquet Celebrates Leaders, Standouts May 18, 2018(Zack Wussow/Zack Wussow Media) Seven real estate professionals, a popular finance professor and a host of outstanding students were recognized during the Center for Real Estate’s 2018 Awards Banquet on April 26 at the Rome Commons Ballroom. The Center’s signature event not only honors alumni and other outstanding leaders in our industry, but also... […]
- Spring 2018 Research Newsletter April 16, 2018Hello Colleagues, Spring has arrived in Connecticut and, with it a renewed sense of excitement, growth and accomplishment both in our classrooms and through our research commitment. I would like to share with you some of our recent milestones. Read More →
- CT Realty Agents Optimistic About Active Spring Homebuying Season March 12, 2018Hartford Business Journal– There have been encouraging signs this winter — increased foot traffic at open houses, a more stable local economy — that have realtors in the Hartford region optimistic about a busy selling season. Read article