Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
School of Business News
- What Is the Median Down Payment by State in 2024? February 7, 2024This Old House asks: What advice do you have for first-time homebuyers looking to save for a down payment? Save as much as you can, and if you have the ability to, try to save for paying closing costs, too, Check to see if your state offers a first-time homebuyers savings account program. Some states... […]
- Homeownership trends: New data shows areas of concerns in CT December 4, 2023NBC Connecticut – Owning a home is the gateway to the middle class and the traditional path to building wealth and passing it along to one’s children. NBC Connecticut Investigates wanted a better idea of home ownership trends and crunched some recently released census figures. For starters, overall home ownership in Connecticut went down in... […]
- Cuando comprar casa es misión imposible: el tenso mercado inmobiliario October 6, 2023Telemundo Miami – WASHINGTON DC – Con la tasa hipotecaria a 30 años más alta de las últimas dos décadas, fruto de las subidas de tipos de interés, y con una acuciante falta de oferta, los estadounidenses tienen cada vez más complicado comprar una casa y el número de solicitudes de hipotecas, así como el... […]
- Sustainability Breakfast Series Offers Insight Into Exciting Innovations In and Near Connecticut September 8, 2023UConn Today – The School of Business will kickoff a new Sustainable Business Breakfast Series this month, with prominent guest speakers discussing everything from building sustainable homes and office complexes to the future of wind-farming in our state. Read article
- Five CT malls have been sold in recent years. Why is there so much change? May 22, 2023New Canaan Advertiser – Four of Connecticut’s 10 largest shopping malls have sold in the past four-and-half years and a fifth is likely to change hands after being auctioned off this past week. The recent online auction of the Crystal Mall in Waterford was just the latest shift in ownership of malls around the state.... […]