Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
School of Business News
- Samuel F. Pierson SIOR Scholarship Recipients January 5, 20182017-2018 recipients of the Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (SIOR) scholarship in memory of Samuel F. Pierson included Jordan Angel ’18, Kelly Yates ’18, Hannah Schmidt ’18 and William Golonka ’18. The students have demonstrated academic excellence while pursuing a degree in real estate with intent toward a real estate career. Each of the... […]
- ICSC Bill Holmes/Hart Realty Advisers Scholarship December 19, 2017Kyle Ernest and Zitao Zhang received the ICSC Foundation Bill Holmes/Hart Realty Advisers scholarship. Thanks to the generosity of John Hart, Hart Realty Advisers and the loyal friends and family of William Holmes, the students received $3000 and a one year student ICSC membership. Ernest is a senior graduating in December 2017. He is currently... […]
- National Valuation Consultants Inc. Speaks to Students December 5, 2017On November 7, 2017 John Monaco and Betsy DiPaulo from National Valuation Consultants Inc. spoke to the Real Estate Society and students interested in valuation. Monaco and DiPaulo spoke of valuation of properties with NVC and in New York City, auditing and the necessary steps to value.
- Student Real Estate Experience Program December 4, 20172017 SIOR Fall World Conference This October, SIOR held its annual Fall World Conference in Chicago. The Student Real Estate Experience Program is designed to allow undergraduate and graduate students with a strong interest in real estate to attend, sponsored by SIOR. After an application process, UConn student Kelly Yates ’18 was selected to attend... […]
- Boston Capital Markets Luncheon December 1, 2017On October 27, 2017, The University of Connecticut Real Estate Center Council and TA Realty hosted the 2nd Annual Boston Capital Markets Luncheon presentation at the Bostonian Hotel, 26 North Street, Boston MA. Christine Elmore of TA Realty opened the luncheon with introductions to the featured speakers. John L. Glascock, director of the UConn Real... […]