Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
School of Business News
- Video – What’s in Store for Retail in 2019? January 2, 2019NBC CT News – What’s in store for retail in 2019? Read article
- In Remembrance: Professor Stephen D. Messner November 29, 2018Dr. Stephen D. Messner. 82, of Lake Mary Florida, died peacefully on Tuesday, November 20th 2018 surrounded by his beloved wife Susan, and daughters Stephanie and Pamela. Born on October 6th, 1936 in Elkhart, Indiana, Stephen graduated from high school and joined the Air Force. Stationed in Japan he became a 3rd degree black... […]
- In Connecticut, We’re on the Cusp of a Transit Renaissance October 29, 2018History can tell us a lot about the future. Think back to the late 1800s, when many U.S. cities began to grow around train stations. Marketplaces developed as locations where merchants could sell their products, and this attracted customers from all around Connecticut to live and work near the marketplaces. Trains quickly replaced water shipping... […]
- Launch of New Hartford Passenger Line Part of ‘Train Renaissance’ June 12, 2018The Hartford Line is a new commuter rail service between New Haven and Springfield, Mass., with additional stops in suburbs along the 62-mile route. The service, a collaboration between the states of Connecticut and Massachusetts, will launch on Saturday, June 16. Finance and Real Estate Professor Jeffrey Cohen sheds some light on what the new... […]
- Real Estate Center Banquet Celebrates Leaders, Standouts May 18, 2018(Zack Wussow/Zack Wussow Media) Seven real estate professionals, a popular finance professor and a host of outstanding students were recognized during the Center for Real Estate’s 2018 Awards Banquet on April 26 at the Rome Commons Ballroom. The Center’s signature event not only honors alumni and other outstanding leaders in our industry, but also... […]