Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
School of Business News
- CT Realty Agents Optimistic About Active Spring Homebuying Season March 12, 2018Hartford Business Journal– There have been encouraging signs this winter — increased foot traffic at open houses, a more stable local economy — that have realtors in the Hartford region optimistic about a busy selling season. Read article
- Professor Cohen Honored for Transportation Work January 22, 2018Finance and Real Estate Professor Jeffrey Cohen has received the 2017 Distinguished Member Award from the Transportation and Public Utilities Group (TPUG) of the Allied Social Sciences Associations (ASSA). The award was bestowed at the organization’s annual meeting in Philadelphia on Jan. 5. Cohen’s scholarly work involves transportation and his recent accomplishments include investigating the... […]
- Samuel F. Pierson SIOR Scholarship Recipients January 5, 20182017-2018 recipients of the Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (SIOR) scholarship in memory of Samuel F. Pierson included Jordan Angel ’18, Kelly Yates ’18, Hannah Schmidt ’18 and William Golonka ’18. The students have demonstrated academic excellence while pursuing a degree in real estate with intent toward a real estate career. Each of the... […]
- ICSC Bill Holmes/Hart Realty Advisers Scholarship December 19, 2017Kyle Ernest and Zitao Zhang received the ICSC Foundation Bill Holmes/Hart Realty Advisers scholarship. Thanks to the generosity of John Hart, Hart Realty Advisers and the loyal friends and family of William Holmes, the students received $3000 and a one year student ICSC membership. Ernest is a senior graduating in December 2017. He is currently... […]
- National Valuation Consultants Inc. Speaks to Students December 5, 2017On November 7, 2017 John Monaco and Betsy DiPaulo from National Valuation Consultants Inc. spoke to the Real Estate Society and students interested in valuation. Monaco and DiPaulo spoke of valuation of properties with NVC and in New York City, auditing and the necessary steps to value.