Real Estate Job Listings
For Business Students:
Real Estate Major
Real Estate Minor
For Non-Business Students:
Real Estate Minor
Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
Keep up with the society with regular email updates. Sign up to receive regular email updates about center news and activities, and visit the archive of past updates to learn more.
School of Business News
Real Estate | School of Business
- Five CT malls have been sold in recent years. Why is there so much change? May 22, 2023New Canaan Advertiser – Four of Connecticut’s 10 largest shopping malls have sold in the past four-and-half years and a fifth is likely to change hands after being auctioned off this past week. The recent online auction of the Crystal Mall in Waterford was just the latest shift in ownership of malls around the state.... […]
- Why a criminology prof wants addiction clinics within 500m of major transit hubs April 4, 2023CBC Radio – Jeffrey Cohen, a professor at the University of Connecticut’s School of Business, has been researching the benefits of bringing addiction and mental health treatment facilities near public transit routes. His research project ran between 2013 and 2018 is currently a working paper under peer review. Read article
- Professor Cohen Earns Prestigious Appointment at Federal Reserve November 10, 2022Professor Jeffrey Cohen has been named a Research Fellow for the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, where he will work on issues involving real estate and economic inequality. Cohen, who is the Kinnard Scholar in Real Estate at UConn, earned the prestigious appointment after serving as a visiting scholar for the Fed for 20... […]
- Real Estate Alum David Wharmby Returns to UConn As Program Director October 5, 2022UConn Today – As a new business student, David ‘Dave’ Wharmby ’89 (BUS), ’02 MBA took an introductory real estate course that changed his life. “Professor Byrl Boyce was a very personable guy, with a dry sense of humor, who really wanted to make sure we understood the material,’’ Wharmby says. “He took some complex... […]
- Nine ‘Enthusiastic, Well Qualified’ Faculty Join School for Fall 2022 August 23, 2022The School of Business is welcoming nine new faculty members this semester, continuing a trend of successful recruiting. Many of the new hires already have strong research accomplishments and awards for teaching excellence. “I’m looking forward to the Fall semester and the opportunity to welcome nine new, enthusiastic and well-qualified faculty members to our team,”... […]