Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
- A Fast Track to Economic Growth? September 26, 2016Real Estate Professor Jeffrey Cohen Eager to Study Impact of New Transit System on Central Connecticut Will the state’s new bus rapid-transit system – CTfastrak – which has already carried 4 million riders since its inaugural trip in March 2015, also spur growth in housing, restaurants, and other businesses along its route in central Connecticut?... […]
- In Memoriam: Frank Wuest ’82 August 19, 2016Frank Wuest ’82, president of the Boston-based real estate investment firm Marcus Partners and a dedicated alumnus who enjoyed mentoring UConn business students, died unexpectedly Aug. 13. “Frank Wuest was an exemplary alumnus of the UConn School of Business,” said Dean John A. Elliott. “He engaged with faculty, staff, students and alumni. He spoke at... […]
- Top Business Executives/Alumni Join Newly Created Dean’s Advisory Cabinet August 15, 2016Dean John A. Elliott has assembled a new Advisory Cabinet for the School of Business, which includes 12 outstanding business leaders who are also passionate about their commitment to the University. “A robust School of Business must partner with experts in the business community to remain in the forefront of change, ideas, strengths and innovations,”... […]
- An Expensive Real-Estate Seminar Isn’t How to Get Rich June 2, 2016Marketplace – In testimony from a federal lawsuit, ex-staff members of Trump University said they had to push people who could ill afford it to sign up for expensive real estate classes. Read article
- Graduates: Listen to Your Mother! May 17, 2016New York Life President John Y. Kim ’87 MBA Delivers Light-hearted, Advice-Filled Commencement Speech Be kind to your siblings and your co-workers, never show up at a celebration empty handed, and listen to your mothers. That was some of the advice that alumnus John Y. Kim ’87 MBA, the president and CIO of New York... […]