Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
- An Expensive Real-Estate Seminar Isn’t How to Get Rich June 2, 2016Marketplace – In testimony from a federal lawsuit, ex-staff members of Trump University said they had to push people who could ill afford it to sign up for expensive real estate classes. Read article
- Graduates: Listen to Your Mother! May 17, 2016New York Life President John Y. Kim ’87 MBA Delivers Light-hearted, Advice-Filled Commencement Speech Be kind to your siblings and your co-workers, never show up at a celebration empty handed, and listen to your mothers. That was some of the advice that alumnus John Y. Kim ’87 MBA, the president and CIO of New York... […]
- Graduate Profile: Brendan Moore ’16 May 17, 2016Brendan Moore: Real Estate Graduate Plans to Bring Irish Work Ethic to Job; Mentor UConn Students the Way Others Guided Him Having a strong network of colleagues and friends is crucial in every business, but especially in commercial real estate. “The professors really preached to us that it is important to maintain your friends and... […]
- David J. Reilly Honored with Real Estate’s Lifetime Achievement Award May 10, 2016Pictured above: David J. Reilly, the retired President and CEO of Cornerstone Real Estate Advisors, and a longtime friend of and instructor in the UConn Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies program, received the Center’s Lifetime Achievement Award from Director John Glascock during the Center’s 14th Annual Awards Banquet on April 14. Reilly’s... […]
- Florida Real Estate Investor Donates Scholarship April 12, 2016Alum Gives Fellow Business Students a Chance to Thrive Like many UConn finance majors, Jeffrey R. Talbot ’00 followed his dream after graduation of working on Wall Street. He became a successful investment banker at Morgan Stanley in New York, but soon realized his passion was actually real estate investment. He liked the entrepreneurial nature... […]