Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies
The Center for Real Estate and Urban Economic Studies is dedicated to cutting edge research and the training of skilled individuals for all segments of the industry. We provide numerous services to Connecticut’s real estate professionals and to the Department of Consumer Protection. Our activities embrace many disciplines including finance, statistics, economics and geography. Our teaching and research has long been ranked among the very best programs in the US and Internationally.
School of Business News
- Possible Aetna HQ Departure Puts New Focus on Cities June 1, 2017Hartford Courant – Aetna’s decision to look beyond Hartford for its headquarters isn’t complicated, experts say: the company wants young, highly educated workers who live in thriving city environments. At the moment, that isn’t Hartford, which only recently has picked up the pace of adding downtown apartments and other sought-after urban amenities. “The first thing... […]
- An Exceptional Business Education May 31, 2017The School of Business is experiencing substantial and exciting growth. Our undergraduate majors are ‘red hot’ because they offer the ideal combination of intellectual challenge, career potential and financial reward. Our undergraduate enrollment is up 36 percent since 2012. Our graduate programs are also thriving, thanks to a robust MBA program and specialized master’s degrees... […]
- The Tidal Wave of Store Closures is Far From Over May 15, 2017Business Insider – Department stores are planning to close even more stores this year on top of the tidal wave of closures announced over the past couple of months. Read article
- Advice for the Class of 2017 May 12, 2017Arrive Early, Stay Late, Put in the Effort to Succeed, Says Commencement Speaker Doug Elliot, President of The Hartford In a commencement speech laced with solid career advice about hard work and attaining career success, Doug Elliot ’82 mentioned that his life did benefit from a touch of serendipity. Elliot, the president of The Hartford... […]
- Real Estate Program Honors Outstanding Contributors May 10, 2017The Center for Real Estate honored outstanding contributors to the profession and to UConn students’ success in an elegant 15th Annual Awards banquet at the Rome Commons Ballroom on April 27. Among those celebrated were: Arthur N.K. Greenblatt, President and CEO of VestA Corp., received the Lifetime Achievement Award. Greenblatt, who has a UConn law... […]